Wednesday 15 February 2017

Chocolate Banana Bread (Paleo)


Gluten free and sugar free banana bread.


Every now and then I come across an absolute gem of a recipe online and this one is one of my current favourites so be warned, I am going to be getting gushy today. I have been telling everyone about this chocolate banana bread! It is the creation of Rachel from Bakerita.com and she has kindly allowed me to share it with y'all. 



Slices of banana bread.


I found this recipe on Pinterest at the end of last year and since then I have made it many times for school functions, teas and general home snacking. There are so many reasons I love this bread. It is refined sugar free, gluten free, chocolate (do we need any other reasons?) and easy to make - just one bowl and you are done. Easy, guilt free deliciousness, I love it! 


Refined sugar free chocolate banana bread.

Gluten free and paleo chocolate banana bread.


I adapted the original recipe very slightly by omitting the chocolate (I wanted it to be completely refined sugar free) but I know chocolate would make it even more delicious. I also used sugar free peanut butter in the recipe instead of almond butter as I am a huge peanut butter fan and also have a particular brand that I love, but use what you have on hand. The recipe makes a large loaf so I tend to slice and freeze whatever is left after day one (it freezes very well) so that we can enjoy a slice whenever we feel like it. Do try it! 

_________________________


CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD (PALEO)


Makes 1 large loaf 


Paleo and gluten free banana bread.


575g ripe bananas (about 5)
4 large eggs
½ cup sugar free nut butter
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup coconut flour, packed
½ cup cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb
¼ tsp salt


For the full method please click HERE



2 comments:

  1. You're the sweetest!! Love your photos, and I'm so glad you love this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! It's such a winner and I know I'll be making it for years to come. :)

      Delete